Senior Administrator Job Description
The Irish Underwater Council (IUC) is seeking to appoint a Senior Administrator who will work for the National Executive Committee to help co-ordinate and develop the organisation at all levels. The IUC is looking for an energetic, organised and dynamic individual who can deliver quality customer service as well as driving the development and implementation of the IUC’s Strategic Plan.
The key responsibilities can be broadly divided into six areas. This list is not exhaustive but an indication of the main areas of responsibility of the role.
- Membership Services
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the service to the councils members and the general public
- Deal with internal and external stakeholders, processing requests within acceptable timelines.
- Company Administration
- Implement company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, staff and members as appropriate
- Provide support for Executive Board and attend regular meetings outside of normal working hours
- Governance & Finance
- Ensure that the Council adheres to the principles and policies of good governance including financial regulations, company annual returns and openness and transparency.
- Report too and liaise with the Hon. Treasurer on company income and expenditure
- PR & Marketing
- Ensure regular updates to IUC website and social media platform
- Engage with members and volunteers to increase company image and profile.
- Company Development
- Engage and oversee key targeted membership and revenue generating activities
- Produce analyses of work processes and troubleshoot problems within the administrative procedure.
- To monitor and evaluate membership services to ensure they are inline with current best practice and develop where necessary.
- Manage and supervise the office.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Engage with external stakeholders such as Sport Ireland, Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC), Government Departments, CMAS and the Federation of Irish Sport to achieve the company strategic goals.
Minimum of 3/4 years senior administration experience, preferably in the sports & leisure sector with key expertise:-
- Be proficient in all Microsoft packages especially Access and Excel
- Be proficient in the use and design of online database administration systems
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of financial management including income and expenditure and profit and loss accounts would be an advantage.
- Be energetic and self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, confident and conscientious.
- Adaptable and flexible attitude is essential.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring an innovative approach to the role, finding ways to improve how we work and communicate with our members and stakeholders. Please see links to the IUC Operational Plan 2018 and Strategic Plan 2017-2019 below for more information.