Killala Pier, Co. Mayo is where it’s happening!
Members of the Grainne Uaile Sub Aqua Club (GUSAC) look forward to welcoming divers from around the country our 2018 Western Regional Dive Rally.
Like previous years, Killala will be the designated hub for the weekend activities as most dive excursions can go directly from Killala Pier or from proximities close by depending on the weather reports for the weekend. For clubs traveling with Boats, mooring and trailer parking facilities can be arranged close by.
An accommodation list is available whether you want to camp, book a B&B or rent a house for the weekend for the whole club.
The weekend registration fee of €20 includes lunch on Saturday and any necessary bottle fills.
If you need a boat space we ask for a €10 donation to contribute towards cost of fuel.
An additional €10 gets you a ticket for our popular BBQ on Saturday evening.
To ensure you get the most out of your weekend we ask that clubs planning to attend get in contact with us letting us know: number of members attending, diving qualifications (trainees/club divers etc.) and if you will require boat spaces for dives or bringing your own boat.
Contact person Kathy McSharry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 087 9077248 or any of the GUSAC members.
Proposed Dive Schedule for Western Dive Rally Weekend 2018
Friday 17th August
- 6pm – Registration opens for visiting divers on Killala Pier
- 7.30pm – Dive departure time – Shore and or Boat Dive options
Saturday 18th August
- 9.30am – Registration open for visiting divers joining today
- 10am – Safety Brief & Group Photo
- 10.30am – Dive departure time
- 1pm – Lunch on Pier (catered by Open Door Restaurant)
- 2.30pm – Dive departure time
- 7.30pm – Dive departure time for Shore Dive Kilcummin
- 9pm onwards – BBQ in Gilvarry’s Pub, Killala
Sunday 19th August
- 11am – Dive departure time
Bottle fills pick-up times as follows:
Empty bottles pick up from Killala Pier Friday pm after dive and on Saturday at 1pm and 5pm
Filled bottles can be collected on Killala Pier Saturday throughout the day at 10am, 1pm and 5pm.